12.09.2009

The year in review...

It's that time of year again...when the media devotes all their spare time to reviewing the year. In general, I guess 2009 will not go down in history as the best year for most people in the world. I personally fared well. I have a lot to be grateful for.

In technology, things have begun to get incredibly exciting. I could go on for hours about all the amazing changes happening but I only have about 2 minutes so here are a handful of the most fun and exciting advances:
  1. HTML 5
  2. Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter views the Apollo 11 landing site*
  3. The Blob Bot
  4. Google Real Time Search
  5. Augmented Reality

* If you don't think a picture of the moon is that cool consider this: It has taken us 30 years to be able to take another look at the Apollo landing sites. No camera or telescope had the ability to see something that size at that distance.

Of course, no list would be complete without negative consideration. Without a doubt, the technology which is the least exciting (in my humble opinion) is getting the most attention:

  1. Robot Hamsters

No comments: